AEDC Hiring Policy
AEDC shall seek to hire the applicant who is the best fit for the position. AEDC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veterans in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AEDC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
AEDC is currently hiring the following full-time position:
Business & Economic Development Coordinator
The BED Coordinator is responsible for supporting and assisting in the successful development and deployment of AEDC’s strategies, programs and initiatives that promote the growth of the Anchorage economy and AEDC as an organization.
Internship Opportunities with AEDC!
AEDC is a private non-profit corporation that exists to encourage growth and diversity in the Anchorage economy, promote a favorable business climate, and improve the standard of living of Anchorage residents. AEDC provides interns an opportunity to directly engage in economic and community development work through our departments:
Work with the award-winning communications team at AEDC. Build your portfolio with creative marketing and public relations projects. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Sean Carpenter.
Business & Economic Development Internship
Attend meetings with leaders of Anchorage business community, gain valuable insight into industry opportunities Anchorage has to offer, write articles, conduct industry-specific research. CLICK HERE for entire internship description. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Bill Popp.
Live. Work. Play. Internship
Engage with a diverse range of stakeholders from the business, public and nonprofit sectors, meeting preparation, research/ project based input. CLICK HERE for entire internship description. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Moira Sullivan.
Exposure to AEDC Investors through one-on-one meetings, learn the ins-and-outs of the development field. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Darleen Fernandez.
Interns also receive the following benefits:
- Numerous high-level networking opportunities through AEDC Board of Director meetings, Live. Work. Play. Steering Committee, and various other high-level committee meetings
- Invitation to join the AEDC Team in preparation for and attendance at the two largest business luncheons in Alaska (January and July)
- Invitation to join the AEDC Team in designing, preparing, and attending the Live. Work. Play. Signature Event in November
- Free Parking & sustenance
- An Exit Interview to outline projects and information relevant to your resume & portfolio.
- Upon successful completion of internship, an opportunity to receive a letter of recommendation from the President & CEO, Bill Popp
“My internship at AEDC has proven to be an incredible professional growth opportunity. I really felt like a part of the team, collaborating in staff meetings and working on a variety of projects with different departments.” –Bridgette Coleman, Business & Economic Development Intern
Internships with AEDC are unpaid, can be used for college credit and require approximately 20 hours per week.