AEDC Hiring Policy
AEDC shall seek to hire the applicant who is the best fit for the position. AEDC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veterans in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AEDC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Internship Opportunities with AEDC!
AEDC is a private nonprofit corporation that exists to encourage growth and diversity in the Anchorage economy, promote a favorable business climate, and improve the standard of living of Anchorage residents. AEDC provides interns an opportunity to directly engage in economic and community development work through our departments.
Work with the award-winning communications team at AEDC. Build your portfolio with creative marketing and public relations projects. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Katie Dougherty.
Live. Work. Play. Internship
Engage with a diverse range of stakeholders from the business, public and nonprofit sectors, meeting preparation, research/ project based input. CLICK HERE for entire internship description. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Emma Irish.
“My internship with AEDC was a valuable introduction to the professional and creative elements of economic development. Throughout my internship I was pushed to think innovatively and played an active role in various projects. I was inspired by meetings where companies worked alongside nonprofits and government, toward a common goal to make Anchorage better. More than anything, this was a great opportunity to see how ideas passed around a table can grow and become something the whole community benefits from.”
Interns also receive the following benefits:
- Numerous high-level networking opportunities through AEDC Board of Director meetings, Live. Work. Play. Steering Committee, and various other high-level committee meetings
- Invitation to join the AEDC Team in preparation for and attendance at the two largest business luncheons in Alaska (January and July)
- Invitation to join the AEDC Team in designing, preparing, and attending the Live. Work. Play. Signature Event in November
- Free Parking & sustenance
- An Exit Interview to outline projects and information relevant to your resume & portfolio.
- Upon successful completion of internship, an opportunity to receive a letter of recommendation from the President & CEO, Bill Popp
Internships with AEDC are unpaid, can be used for college credit and require approximately 20 hours per week.