AEDC Progress Report: 2015 Q1
- Sixteen new Investors and 10 dropped Investors in Q1.
- Business & Economic Development Department assisted 39 businesses.
- Hosted the largest Economic Forecast Luncheon in the history of our organization on Feb. 5 with more than 1,600 attendees. Ticket sales and sponsorships exceeded expectations. Keynote speaker was Daniel Pink.
- Bill Popp and Julie Saupe co-chaired the organization of a public listening session for visiting Dept. of Army officials. The event brought out more than 1,000 attendees on Feb. 23.
- Reconvened and held the first Economic Development Advisory Committee (EDAC) meeting in Q1.
- AEDC and ANC signed an agreement for AEDC to conduct work related to attracting air cargo–related business investment to Anchorage.
- AEDC began the process of converting our CRM software in Q1.
- AEDC created, designed and released six economic reports in Q1.
- AEDC filmed and edited 10 videos for the Connect Alaska contract.
- Live. Work. Play.: This initiative is growing at a rapid rate with all Areas of Focus progressing their goals and objectives as set for the first quarter.
- During Q4 AEDC Communication Department created a comprehensive year-long plan for all projects, promotions and other deliverables for 2015 across all departments. The plan and deadlines were launched in Q1 as a roadmap for the organization in 2015.
- During Q1 AEDC had 196 media placements for a value of $4,934,848 and a reach of 121,760,134.
- This includes coverage of the Economic Forecast Luncheon, the Live. Work. Play. magazine distributed by Alaska Dispatch News, Rally for our Troops and an article in the New York Times
- AEDC social media has continued to grow across all platforms in Q1 of 2015.
- AEDC’s I Love Anchorage account was selected as finalist for the “Instagram | Best PR Campaign” by PR NEWS.
Download the full report (PDF file) here: 2015 Q1 AEDC Progress Report