Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport and Fairbanks International Airport together comprise the Alaska International Airport System. Offering identical operating agreements and landing fees, AIAS benefits airlines by offering a regional landing alternative if needed.
One in ten jobs in Anchorage is attributable to ANC. Strategically located 9.5 hours from 90% of the industrialized world, ANC is uniquely suited for cargo refueling and technical stops, allowing carriers to maximize their payload while not compromising on travel time. Cargo carriers are able to significantly increase revenue by refueling in Anchorage. Also, federal law offers flexibility to exchange cargo between carriers through cargo transfer rules unique to Alaska and Hawaii.
Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is a state-of-the-art facility. Recent work at the airport includes South Terminal Renovation, the AOC Connector Hallway between the North and South Terminals, and completion runway upgrades to allow for Design Group VI (DGVI) aircraft, such as the Boeing 747-8 and Airbus 380 to land at ANC.
For more than 50 years, Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (ANC) has played an integral role in the growth of Anchorage and the State of Alaska. Today, the airport serves approximately 5 million passengers per year, houses the world’s largest and busiest floatplane base, and is a hub of commercial activity within the global marketplace.
Aviation is a necessity in Alaska. Only 2 percent of Alaska’s landmass is accessible via roads, and 82 percent of Alaska’s communities are not connected to the road system. Aviation is a lifeline and the airport is a primary link in the supply chain for much of the state.
Anchorage Quick Facts
- 1 in 10 jobs in Anchorage are attributable to the airport
- 45 direct flights to cities around the globe
- 9.5 hours from 90% of the industrialized world
- Approximately 500 wide body landings per week
- 522,000 annual flight operations
- #2 in the Western Hemisphere for landed weight of cargo aircraft
- Among the top 5 airports in the world in terms of cargo throughput
- 5 million passengers annually
- Capacity: 4 ILS Runways 10,500’ or more
- Over 60 wide body parking positions
- Full Service: 24-7-365 INS/ATC/CPB-GSE/Fuel/De-icing for all size aircraft