I Love Anchorage
“I Love Anchorage” is not your typical Instagram account.
Every Monday and Thursday a different Anchorage resident is given control of the account. The “host” posts photos of how they are living, working and playing around Anchorage.
The award-winning I Love Anchorage account was created in Sept. 2013 to support AEDC’s board of directors initiative to make Anchorage the #1 city in America to Live, Work and Play by 2025.
The Instagram account is a fun way for different Anchorage residents to share how they live, work and play in our favorite city.
The photos and captions posted reflect the hosts’ views, not the view of AEDC, its Board of Directors or Investors.
What do we ask of hosts?
- First post must be a selfie with a caption saying who you are, what you do and what you are up to that week.
- Post at least once a day. We want to see photos of everything from where you work to where you play to how you explore Anchorage.
- Keep all photos appropriate.
- Sign off each photo with your name, initials or Instagram handle.
- The account is not intended to be a marketing platform.
Want to host?
AWESOME! There is about a year-long waiting list, but we still want to hear from you! Complete the form below to sign up to host. We contact people in the order they signed up. Thanks for your patience!