Where to Startup
Alternative Financing & Crowdfunding Basics
for the Alaska Entrepreneur, Innovator and Dreamer
This segment discusses alternative financing & crowdfunding basics, including alternative funding sources, equity-based versus rewards-based crowdfunding, what contributes to a successful campaign and common pitfalls. Presented by Jonathan Bittner, Vice President, Anchorage Economic Development Corp.
Where To Startup videos
Speaker: Jonathan Bittner, Vice President, Anchorage Economic Development Corp.
- Why are more entrepreneurs looking at alternative funding sources?
- What are the different types of crowdfunding? [01:26]
- What is the impact of Alaska legalizing equity-based crowdfunding? [02:38]
- Equity-based versus rewards-based crowdfunding [03:32]
- What contributes to a successful campaign? [04:43]
- What are the common pitfalls to crowdfunding? [06:08]
- Why is it important to start building your network before the campaign? [08:23]
- What happens if your campaign fails? [08:55]
- Alaska Division of Banking and Securities
- Alaska Growth Capital
- Path to Prosperity
- Successful Alaska Startup: Arxotica
- Arxotica Kiva Zip page
- Kiva Zip
- The Awesome Foundation: Alaska
- 49th State Angel Fund
- Alaska Small Business Development Center
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- UAA Center for Economic Development
- Economic Development Administration
- USDA Rural Development
- 3-Day Startup
- Anchorage Economic Development Corporation
We Support Businesses
Are you interested in how AEDC can assist with your business investments in Anchorage? Contact us today!
AEDC Business & Economic Development Director Emma Kelly: (907) 258-3700