for the Alaska Entrepreneur, Innovator and Dreamer
Starting a Small Business
This segment discusses aspects of starting a small business, including resources at the Small Business Development Center, competition, funding, online resources and what investors can offer in addition to funding.
Where To Startup videos
Lynn Klassert, Anchorage Center Director, Alaska Small Business Development Center
- What is the Small Business Development Center?
- What is the next step after developing your idea and doing market research? [01:23]
- Why do you need to look at competition? [02:16]
- Does experience matter? [03:12]
- Where do you find funding for the business? [03:55]
- Online resources for funding. [05:36]
- What do investors look for in a startup or small business? [06:35]
- Investors offer more than funding. [08:00]
- Advice for rural entrepreneurs? [08:28]
- Alaska Small Business Development Center: 20 Questions Before Starting a Business
- Alaska Growth Capital
- Alaska Division of Economic Development
- Alaska Small Business Development Center
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- World Trade Center Alaska
- Anchorage Economic Development Corporation
We Support Businesses
Are you interested in how AEDC can assist with your business investments in Anchorage? Contact us today!
AEDC Business & Economic Development Director Emma Kelly: (907) 258-3700